Ahhh, summer! The days are long, and the living is easy.
Life doesn’t get much easier or sweeter than when you are tubing down a lazy river with your best buds while drinking a few locally-made beers.
Tour Austin will take all the hassle out of planning a tubing trip so you can just focus on relaxing.
Here’s all you have to do:
1. Visit our website and book a tour.
2. Get appropriately dressed for a day on the water.
3. Put on sunscreen.
4. Buy your favorite tubing beverage (no glass or styrofoam please!)
5. Show up at the Austin Visitor Center at 10:30 a.m. on either the Saturday or Sunday of your tour.
6. Enjoy the experience.
That’s it. That’s all you have to do.
Here’s what the people of Tour Austin will do for you:
1. Our professional drivers will arrive at the meeting spot with our luxury vehicles before 10:30 a.m. (The Austin Visitor Center is located at 602 East 4th Street in Downtown Austin.)
2. We will drive you to San Marcos, TX, which is 32 miles south of our fair city.
3. We will give you a tube to use for the day.
4. We will provide coolers and ice for your beverages and snacks.
5. We will keep your valuables safe while you are on the river.
6. Our guides will lead you down the river for approximately 3 to 3 ½ hours.
7. Our driver will drive your relaxed selves back to the city.
8. We will drop you off at the Austin Visitor Center at 5 p.m.
Since we are experts on tubing the San Marcos River, we have some suggestions to make your day one to remember.
Besides wearing proper swimwear, we also recommend that you bring a pair of water shoes or sandals (or footwear that will stay on your feet that you don’t mind getting wet.) Besides wearing sunscreen, we also recommend that you have a hat and sunglasses. As you know, our Texas sun is intense!
Besides bringing your favorite beverages (no glass or Styrofoam), also bring plenty of water. Again, our Texas sun is intense, and you will need to rehydrate periodically.
Bring snacks to enjoy along the river and for the drive home. You don’t need to bring a cooler or ice. We will take care of that for you.
Leave your phones, wallet, keys, and jewelry at home. Obviously, it is very easy to lose items along the river. Yes, we will lock up your valuables, but the best policy is to leave the things at home.
We understand the life is unpredictable. If you need to cancel your reservation or reduce the number of tickets you purchased, please do so at least 72 hours before the time of the tour. If you email us at least 72 hours before the tour time, you can receive a refund. If you cancel with less than a 72-hour notice, you can receive a credit for a future tour.
We care about your safety! Because we do, we will cancel tours due to inclement weather. If the weather forecast suggests that there may be heavy rain, high winds, thunderstorms, or a cold front, we will cancel the tour. (We will let you know by email and text.) We will provide full refunds and will offer to reschedule the trips in the event we had to cancel because of the weather.
One more note, our tubing tours is limited to customers 18 years and older.
Your float down the San Marcos River will be a relaxing experience. The spring-fed water is extremely clean, and much of the land on either side of the river is natural parkland. The river is usually a perfect temperature – around 72 degrees. Think how wonderful that will feel on a hot, Texas summer day!
You’ll enjoy the lush banks on both sides of the river that feature elephant ear and native wild rice plants. It really will feel as if you are floating through a nature preserve.
If you are from Austin, you already understand the natural beauty of our area. Book a tour with Tour Austin when you have out-of-town guests. This will prove to them that Austin is more than a sophisticated city. Austin is more than our festivals. Austin is more than our colleges.
Tubing down the San Marcos River will show your guests that Texans know how to relax and enjoy the beauty of our state.
Contact us today to set up your tour!